Machine - Benchtop Extruder
Elevate your educational space or program with this engaging tool! Designed to inspire the next generation of changemakers, the Benchtop Extrusion Machine is a world-first: a hand-cranked plastic extruder, tailored specifically for excellence in education. Seamlessly integrating sustainability into the learning journey, this innovative machine invites students to explore the fascinating world of recycling and creative expression through hands-on experience.
Immerse students in experiential learning, turning waste into wonders while fostering a deep connection to environmental responsibility. From producing recycled plastic filament to crafting intricate jewellery and filling small product moulds, the possibilities are as vast as their imagination.
Cultivate a generation of forward-thinking creators and environmental stewards whilst unleashing the exciting power of STEM learning with our Benchtop Extruder, where every turn of the handle sparks innovation.
• Simply attach the handle, and you're ready to go right out of the box
• Hand-crank operation ensures accessibility for users of all skill levels
• Versatile extrusion capabilities enable the production of small moulded products moulds and facilitate recycled filament experiments
• Integrates design thinking, teaching students to solve open-ended problems by creating their own prototypes and products
• Engineered for stability and safety, the secure single screw design ensures consistent and controlled extrusions
• Comprehensive safety compliance and dedicated safety elements ensure a reliable asset for educators and a secure tool for hands-on learning
What you get:
• 1 x Benchtop Extruder Machine
Built to order.
Why buy from us?
Why buy from us?
To order, please fill out the form below!
Product Support Pages
Here you'll find everything you need to get started, from risk assessment templates to comprehensive troubleshooting guides.
Machine Training Session
We offer a complimentary training session for all new Zephyr Bros. machine purchases, available either onsite at PPM or online.
From the basics of plastic through to safety and fumes, get started on your recycling journey with online and downloadable resources.
VICE | Precious Plastic Melbourne's Aussie Made Recycling Machines
Find our machines around Australia, and the globe
I purchased the Hand-cranked Bench top Extrusion machine from Piers and Kayla at PPM back in January 2022 and have since been using it to create small pocket combs that are extruded into one of their aluminium moulds. The machine is incredibly effective and I’ve been able to use it with children in education settings to help teach them about the recycling process. The kids are able to use the hand crank to make their very own combs! The machine fills the moulds quickly which works great when running my workshops.
The size of the actual machine means it’s extremely portable and requires very minimal space to set up, which I think is one of its best attributes. The setup of the machine was very straight forward, as is changing/setting temperature.
I’ve been extremely happy with my purchase of this machine and am looking forward to adding their newest addition - the Plastic Shredder - which is also a smaller more portable version, to my workspace.
Great job PPM!